We are a boutique firm in Century City that handles a range of legal concerns, including business litigation, intellectual property, licensing board defense and entertainment law.
We are one of the leading firms in California in the field of administrative law. Our experienced administrative law attorneys defend licensed professionals and businesses before the Medical Board, the Board of Psychology, the Pharmacy Board, Department of Insurance, and other California licensing agencies. Our administrative law specialists have many years of administrative hearing experience before the Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH), as well as license defense experience in other administrative law forums.
Our Administrative Law practice includes:
- Investigations by administrative agencies
- License denials
- Settlement negotiations
- Administrative hearings
- Appeal to the California Superior Court by writ of mandate (mandamus)
- Appeal to the California Court of Appeal
- Temporary or interim suspension orders
- Petitions for reconsideration
- Petitions for reinstatement
We also have experience in non-governmental administrative law matters, such as physician hospital privileges and termination from medical provider networks (MPN).
We have successfully taken to trial or arbitration hundreds of cases involving various business and commercial disputes under both federal and state laws. We also counsel our clients in connection with the formation, expansion, and successful operation of their businesses, protecting their business relationships and assets. We provide guidance to our international clients with establishing their US operations, while assuring compliance with federal and state requirements and, utilizing our international taxation specialist partners, minimizing their potential tax liability.
Business litigation may arise from all types of business relationships and disputes: contract disputes, workplace disagreements, allegations of harassment, or product failure. Handling the legal strategy of a business is a delicate matter that can break a company or save it. Any business matter should therefore be reviewed by experienced business or corporate litigation attorneys that can protect your rights and, in the case of litigation, help maximize recovery or minimize your exposure.
As seasoned business litigation attorneys and counsellors, we have successfully provided results for our clients in cases and business disputes related to:
- Purchases or Sales – Protecting legal interests in purchase or sale agreements or in the case of a dispute stemming from a transaction.
- Expansion – Mergers, acquisitions, or development.
- Formation – Compliance upon entity formation according to Los Angeles, California, off-shore and federal corporate requirements.
- Ownership or Partnership Disputes – Internal disputes between owners on management control or ownership.
- Business Torts – Negligent misrepresentation, breach of fiduciary duty, conspiracy, defamation.
- Nondisclosure Agreements.
- Employment – Compensation, investigations, mediation, harassment, policies,
procedures (e.g. hiring and screening), retaliation, wrongful termination.
- Dissolution – Liquidation of corporations, limited liability companies or partnerships.
- Contract – drafting of clear contracts to protect the business interests of our clients and aggressive legal representation in the event of breaches of contracts.
- Construction – Buildings, vendors, insurance, payment, defective work, or delay.
- Legal planning – we handle all legal planning related to business litigation.
As experienced business litigation attorneys and counsellors, we advocate for alternative dispute resolutions such as mediation or arbitration. We pride ourselves for being aggressive negotiators and carefully structuring transactions in our clients favor.
Avoiding litigation is the first and most fundamental step for a business litigation attorney. We value long-term relationships with our business clients, helping them structure their transactions or resolve legal matters and minimize risk as they develop, pivot, or face business litigation.
We represent employers in both class actions and cases brought by individual plaintiffs. Although we are proud of our trial record, our primary goal is to resolve cases by dispositive motion. We also recognize that sometimes our clients’ best interests are served by settling cases, and our trial record in employment cases enables us to reach favorable settlements for our clients. Our track is well-known among members of the plaintiffs’ bar, which we believe substantially reduces the dollar amounts our clients pay in settlement.
We have represented internationally renowned writers, directors and producers in connection with their motion picture and television projects. We have also negotiated complex overall development deals with a number of studios on our clients’ behalf and participated in financing and producing a number of well-known and critically acclaimed films and television series.
We represent a variety of well-known trademark owners in false advertising, unfair competition, trademark and trade dress disputes. Our trial expertise covers the range of trade secret misappropriation and unfair competition claims under both federal and state laws. Through our affiliation with nationally recognized partners, we have also successfully defended a number of high-profile patent infringement cases, invalidating the plaintiffs’ patents in their entirety.
To learn more about how our attorneys can address your legal needs, contact our office today. We are a boutique firm in Century City that handles a range of legal concerns, including business litigation, intellectual property, licensing board defense and entertainment law.